– Stylish new compact design and intuitive user interface and new 20 MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
– Attractive LED Indicator lamps in grip and lighted camera controls; 5.4 frames per second continuous shooting
– ISO Speeds up to 51200; in body shake reduction works with all K mount lenses
– AA Filter Simulator (SR unit); Eye-Fi and FLU Card Compatibility
– Full 1080p h.264 HD video recording; In-body RAW development & HDR shooting
The PENTAX K-S1 is designed for users who have become familiar with taking photo through the use of their smartphones and tablet computers, but, because they are not totally satisfied with the image quality and features provided by those portable gadgets, have become interested in more serious photography. The K-S1 features a compact, progressive body design that overturns conventional concepts of digital SLR cameras, and an innovative Body Illumination interface system that facilitates intuitive camera operation. It also provides other outstanding features rivaling those of high-end models, including: the PENTAX-developed AA (anti-aliasing) filter simulator; an optical viewfinder with a glass pentaprism to provide approximately 100% field of view; an in-body shake reduction mechanism; and a top sensitivity of ISO 51200. These features combine to provide the exceptional digital imaging performance that will satisfy photographers of all levels – from first-time SLR users to experienced photo enthusiasts.